Many years of experience in the wind turbine industry has given Wind Estate a deep understanding of the market mechanisms which are crucial for developing a wind farm. Therefore, at Wind Estate, the decision-making process is short, and the success rate is high.
Wind power is now the quickest and most affordable way to deploy new electricity generation
Wind Estate has long been cognisant of the wind industry’s potential and we seek to offer a productive collaboration with those who wish to be part of the supply chain.
Take care of everything from idea to construction
Many factors must be taken into account when developing wind turbine projects. In particular, careful consideration must be afford to the landscape, nature and local communities. The regulatory process is democratic, and gives opportunity for any interested parties, and other stakeholders, to be heard. Wind Estate are a competent and experienced collaborator in this process, making sure that policy and regulation compliance are forefront in our responsible development strategy.
Wind Estate has the competences
Below we describe the processes as they could look, from the conception of an option area to the assessment of the environmental impacts, through to the application determination and up until the commissioning and operation of the completed wind farms.
- Area and landscape considerations
- Minimum space requirements
- Other planning interests
- Optimising layout patterns
- Calculating noise, shadow casting and energy production
- Compliance with distance to housing/urban areas
- Compliance with wind turbine technical approval
- Undertaking photo visualisations
- Project scoping and planning application
- Environmental Impact Assessment
- Management of planning process
- Meetings with local planning authorities and consultees
Wind turbine delivery
- Choosing suitable wind turbines while taking into account regulatory requirements for i.e. noise, shadow casting etc.
- Contracting with wind turbine manufacturers for the purchase of wind turbines
- Contracting with service providers for long-term service contracts
The building project
- Planning and managing construction during the construction phase, including financial management, time management, managing the work environment and site safety
- Concluding network connection agreements with the energy company
- Contracting with subcontractors of roads, foundations and internal electricity grids
- Registering declarations/subdividing wind farms
- Ongoing cooperation with landowners